Saturday, June 29, 2013

(Updated) Free copy of Zen Entrepreneurship for Recent and UPCOMING College Grads!


I recently attended a college graduation ceremony here in Silicon Valley (like most things in my life, I wasn’t actually planning to attend this particular ceremeony, I just went to campus for a walk at sunset and found myself in the middle of a graduation ceremony!).
It made me think about the number of young people who have told me that my book, Zen Entrepreneurship: Walking the Path of the Career Warrior has had an impact on them and how they view the world.  I think this new generation is much more attuned to ideas of integrity, holistic values, and finding and doing meaningful work in the world than we were at that age. I also think they integrate what we think of as traditional Eastern and Western philosophies into their lives naturally, without having to rebel (as the baby boomers did) or look at it just as a matter of getting ahead in life (as subsequent generations did), and aren’t caught up in the wave of terrorism and war and religious strife that was present in the last decade.
 While the book is great for people of all ages who are looking at making a change in their careers or bring more spirituality in their work, I think the story particularly calls to young folks who are just starting out and looking to find their path in life.  Moreover, the story in the book took place when I was 23 and had just graduated from college and was trying to start my very first business, so I think people in that age can relate much more easily.
So, if you just graduated recently (I’ll leave the definition of recently up to you, but the last few years is OK), or you’re about to graduate in the next year (or like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg, you dropped out and have no plans to graduate!), or you’re generally of that age and are interested in “thinking different”, I’d like to offer you a free copy of Zen Entrepreneurship: Walking the Path of the Career Warrior.  I remember how tight money was in those days (of if you'd like to send the book as a gift to someone of that age and money is tight!).
Just email me at zenentrepreneur@gmail.com and include the following information:
  • Name of person receiving the book
  • College name/graduation date/Field of study (or other circumstances if you or the recipient didn't or are not attending college)
  • A few sentences on how you heard about the book and why you think you’d like to read it
  • Address for the book to be shipped to. [For international, be sure to indicate address1, address2, city, state, postal code, and phone number which amazon requires for international shiopments].

And that’s it!   I’ll send you a confirmation email once I have the book sent out to you!

[UPDATE: I'd like to expand this free offer to all college students who are interested in getting a free copy of the book, not just recent grads! Just send along the information above].  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home